Sunday, September 6, 2009

A Campaign Gift


Dear Friends,
Add Image
I have received many wonderful campaign gifts, since I began this journey in June to be the next School Board Member from the Red Bud District of Frederick County. My thanks to all of you who have contributed with money, time, and encouragement. Your faith in me has made me even more committed to serve on the School Board and use my experience and personal gifts to help guide our school system.

Of all the gifts to my campaign, the nicest and most surprising came this week from my "opposition", Gary Hall. Gary had announced his candidacy before I did, and has a love for the Frederick County Schools. He is a caring and concerned citizen who would serve well in any position that he held. After meeting me, and researching my qualifications and commitment to education and the citizens of Frederick County, Gary made the decision to step aside, and back my candidacy for School Board. Printed below is the text of Gary's letter to the editor of the Winchester Star. My thanks to Gary for his gracious action, and helping me to become your next School Board member.

A ‘great fit’
After meeting and getting to know Peggy Clark, I have decided not to run for the Red Bud District School Board seat in Frederick County. I feel Peggy is a great fit for this position. Her background, open-mindedness, and ability to be a great listener should prove to be valuable assets as a representative for the people of the Red Bud District. If you are undecided on a candidate, take some time to talk with Peggy. I think that you will be happy that you did.Thanks to all of you who helped and supported my candidacy. Your efforts are greatly appreciated.
Gary L. Hall
Frederick County