Monday, September 14, 2009

Hob Nob in the Valley


HOB NOB
September, 2009
Dear Friends,
I have attended the Chamber of Commerce political event Hob Nob in the Valley several times. This year I was able to attend the Hob Nob as a candidate! How very fun, and a little nerve- racking. My husband Basil and friend Ellen Cunningham attended the event with me. We talked with hundreds of people, and had some great discussions about the School Board race, and others across the State. I was interviewed, and had several "clips" on the late night news on Channel 3. A straw poll was held and I won the straw poll vote for the Red Bud Seat on the Frederick County School Board. I wish it was the real thing, but will have to wait until November 3 for that!
My thanks to all of you who have contributed money to my campaign. I have been able to purchase a variety of campaign materials that are really helping me to get my message out to the voters in Red Bud. At Hob Nob, I think I had one of the nicest displays - all purchased with donated money.
I am continuing to campaign door to door and at local events. I had hoped to reach nearly every voter, but seem to be running short of time. Hopefully, the message is getting out there! Folks are very excited about the prospect of having a recent Frederick County Teacher on the School Board, and I believe the overwhelming response from voters is that they do Trust a Teacher!
Thanks to all of you for supporting me!
Peggy Clark
Candidate for Frederick County School Board - Red Bud District