Sunday, October 4, 2009

The Weather has been Glorious for Campaigning!


OCTOBER The weather has been absolutely perfect for campaigning! Since mid-June I have spent most evenings visiting with voters in the Red Bud District. My goal has been to make personal contact with as many voters as possible, so that they might know me, and also so that I might learn more of what our local citizens think about the Frederick County Schools. The response has been overwhelmingly positive! What nice folks we have in the Red Bud District!

On Sunday, October 4 I was able to combine personal time with campaigning. My husband and I had an early pancake breakfast at Greenwood Fire Department before he went to his Park Ranger job at Clearbrook. After breakfast, I spent several hours greeting friends and neighbors who came to the Pancake Day. It was a beautiful morning, and everyone went away happy (and full)!


After I attended Church, I donned my sneakers to participate in the CROP walk to help alleviate hunger in our community and throughout the world. I walked the four mile loop around downtown Winchester with friends and neighbors. I think my months of campaign walking made the four miles an easy stroll.


If you would like to get in touch with me, please e-mail me at friendsofpeggyclark@verizon.net. Hopefully, the weather and everyone's health will stay good, and I can visit lots more of you before the election on November 3.
Happy October!
Peggy Clark
Candidate for Frederick County School Board
Red Bud District