Thursday, July 16, 2009

I Love Virginia!

I love living in Virginia! The picture I've posted is one of thousands we've taken over the years of me and the family in various places around the State. This one is at the Peaks of Otter on the Blue Ridge Parkway, where my husband and I spent last Sunday afternoon.

As we raised our children in this beautiful State, we took them to literally hundreds of places around the State. Often the places we visited, were also visited by folks who had traveled hundreds of miles to see the exact same spot. We are so fortunate to have nature, history, and government right at our back door.

I would encourage all of you to take the opportunity to take day trips or longer journeys to places in Virginia. We are blessed to live here. I once gave my Mother a plaque with the following inscription. It's a little corny, but says it well:

"To be a Virginian, either by birth, marriage, adoption, or even on one's mother's side, is an introduction to any state in the Union, a passport to any foreign country, and a benediction from the Almighty God." (Anonymous)

Enjoy your Virginia Summer,
Peggy
Candidate for Frederick County School Board