Saturday, July 25, 2009

Summer Campaigning















Dear Friends,
I have been having an exciting time campaigning for the position of Frederick County School Board Member from the Red Bud District! Here are two pictures of events I have participated in during the last week.
  • On July 17, I was invited to attend and speak at the Blue Ridge Women's Picnic which was held at the Winchester Park. It was a wonderful event with great food and great folks. Everyone was so warm and friendly, and I had an opportunity to present my thoughts and positions regarding the School Board Seat. My thanks to the Blue Ridge Women!


  • On Tuesday, I attended the July School Board meeting. The events at the meeting were well covered in the Winchester Star article on July 22. The main event was changing the name of Senseny Road Elementary to Senseny Road School.


  • On Friday, July 24, I volunteered at the Free Medical Clinic's Refreshment Booth at the Bluemont Concert on the Loudoun Street Mall. I baked cookies to sell, and helped other Free Medical Staff & Volunteers during the concert. They did very well, and increased needed funds and gave exposure to this worthwhile organization.


  • I have been visiting with voters in the Red Bud District. Virtually everyone has been warm and friendly. I have been challenged with some difficult questions. I appreciate the honest sharing of ideas. It will help me to better represent the citizens of Red Bud after the election.

I hope you're having a great summer!Please contact me at my e-mail address: friendsofpeggyclark@verizon.net

Peggy Clark