Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Summer Travels












Dear Friends and Family,
My husband and I usually travel during the summer, but this year we have stayed closer to home to give extra time to campaign for the Frederick County School Board. We are hoping to take our "summer vacation" in November after the election.

I was able to take a short trip to Staunton and Harrisonburg last week. On August 2, my sisters and brother gathered at Bethel Church in Staunton to remember our Mother who would have turned 90 on August 5. She would have been my greatest supporter in my School Board Campaign, and I credit her with shaping the person I am today.

I was also able to attend the first several days of the Bible and Music Conference at Massanetta Springs in Harrisonburg. I attended the conference many times for a day or an evening with my Mother over the years, but never to stay "on campus" for several days. It was a bittersweet time for me. The experience of hearing powerful Bible speakers was amazing, as was the chance to practice in a choir under a nationally known director. However, the experience pulled at my heart strings as I remembered my Mother who passed away in November, and was such a part of my Massanetta experience. The last morning I was there, I took picures of the wake-up bagpiper. His music filled the air, and was a fitting end to my days at the conference.
Hope you are all having a renewing summer!
Peggy Clark
Candidate for Frederick County School Board
Red Bud District
Please contact me at friendsofpeggyclark@verizon.net